Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SSS---

Over the past three months, I have plotted what things have contributed to my diet slips......And I have concluded that the term SSS covers it. S is for Stress. Being mild mannered, I have had the tendency to just eat a cheeseberger when faced with challenges I could not solve quickly. I found that holiday stress and kids stress max this out. The second element of stress is work stress...and if one is confined or maybe "caged" is a better term, in a work cubicle, and then stressed with uncontrolled volume of interaction with customers...who might be occasionally unhappy...the result on diet is bad...I am going to change that..... For the second S I have concluded that "Social" or peer presure or whatever one would call it, the types of friends and their attitude toward healthy eating have a profound effect on diet...During football season I need something else but eating, drinking and watching football to do. And it helps to have friends with interests beyond this. And finally, a S can be for structure...On having projects and activities designated so that eating is not my primary hobby. .

No comments: