Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

"How Much Does Your Cellphone WEIGH?": Weight Reflections

Recently I have been attending a weight management class as part of a diet management program-the class is at 7am in the morning to fit in with folks who work, and I was running a bit late...as I entered the room, the instructor asked me whether I had my cellphone: "yup...right here I replied." "Here is a weight scale," she replied, "how much does it weigh"----quickly placing it on the little scale, I replied " FOUR OUNCES". As I held the cellphone up high, she said: "Thats your PORTION SIZE". When you have an entre of beef or chicken or fish, simply place the cellphone on it to get the proper amount." What a shock!!!!! Portion Size was a concept that I had never mastered. It was covered in not one class I had ever attended. In fact, I had grown accustomed to the notion that if a little is good...a lot is better.....and that was a concept that I had to discard... So I will just ask you..... "How much does YOUR cellphone weigh?"

No comments: