Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A bit about "Perfection"

As a youngster growing up in Mahtomedi, Minnesota, I spent a lot of time playing basketball on the outside court at St. Jude's school, and working on my outside set shot from the point...I thought that because I was pretty short,( I know that is hard to believe), I probably would not be a center kind of guy, and that the key was that outside shot...once the dream of perfection as a point guard faded, I turned to ice hockey---or more precisley broom hockey...but here again, after several years of hacking, I looked for other areas of perfection.... Every day after school, my mom had me empty my bookbag and place any papers, or holy cards( those were the old days) and put the paper on the refrigerator....There was nothing better than getting a 100% in red on a math assignment and having it on the fridge for a week following...and I really grew to love perfection...and learned that 100% shuts up a lot of people...and vowed that THIS was the secret to life...perfection...and I was firmly determined to attain it.

No comments: