Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Make the Party

Over forty years ago, living the good life with two recent college grads from the University of Minnesota, I learned a lesson I have never forgotton.

We were getting ready for dinner when the phone rang...someone was having a party....address given....

When my roomate got off the phone, I asked:

"Who is going to be at the party? What's the deal?"

Rich just smiled and said:

"You do not understand...we have been invited to a party..and who will be there does not matter...We will make the party....that is what we do."

I never forgot it. When you are a leader, you run at the front of the pack...you set the pace...When you are going to a party, you make the party, you do not just attend and collect status points.

Thanks Rich.

No comments: