Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"What the "Market" told me last night

Thursday, October 04, 2007
The Dream: What the "Market" told me ....last night.---FICTION"

Well, it's been a long week, with the national news and all, and Alan Greenspan who was so forceful telling everyone on his book signing tour that the real estate market would go down 20% and had just begun, and then just today changed his mind and said things had bottomed out. Maybe his book sales had turned the whole thing around.

I have always had a habit of saving the Wall Street Journal, and then NOT reading it every day, but after two weeks, picking up the daily and seeing what had been pretty accurate stories and what had been flim flam.

Nothing like letting the facts settle a bit BEFORE you read it, rather than AFTER. It sure makes things real efficient. The problem is with most daily papers that are carried on the internet......the stories are deleted after a few days. That makes checking the facts later difficult..............................



Last night, in the very middle of the night, I awoke in a startle. It seemed I heard the "Market" calling me. At first it was pretty faint, but it gradually got louder and louder.

The person had a little sign on his chest that said "MARKET" and asked whether I was listening. I replied; "YES. Please speak."


Then he said:

"We are in a National Housing Slowdown.
This means that there are too many houses
TOO MANY HOUSES
DO NOT BUILD MORE
Wait till the surplus is taken and then proceed."

Understand? "Yes" I replied. Then he went on.


There are several causes to the current distress
The financial sector is troubled by mortgage fraud by brokers...so
regulate them and punish the wrongdoers....

"Understand? "Yes" I replied. Then he went on.


I understand some of you think that your local administrator, Mr. Connors caused
the national housing problems. He was a powerful guy. But...... No ----He did not cause
the national housing crisis. If you still think he did, I suggest counseling."


Then he vanished.

It sure is good to listen to the market, even when it comes in a dream.

Posted by Evansville Observer at 10:09 PM

1 comments:

Mr. Obvious said...

Its too bad someone else didn't have that same dream instead of putting 10 more pounds of houses into our areas five pound capacity.


I'm sure the city will be proactive with this issue just like they are in every other hot button; fences, signs. Good thing we have some nice looking fences on those forclosed homes.

No comments: