Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Friday, November 9, 2007

"Please pay me in Pounds"-----a possibly true story

Recently I have been watching a bit too much of the Bloomberg Business News channel. It has been a wonderful experience. However...

Today, as I exited a parking ramp, I just reflected back on the news of the past week. Movie star insists that her contract be paid in British pounds. All the rage in investments were the Chinese yen investments. I wondered as I inched the car to the small booth, with my favorite attendant who always had a joke for me, whether something might have changed. After all, all I had was cash or check. What if Chinese yen was required.

Relax. Everything went ok. Cash was still accepted. Still. We might see a day when only yen or pounds are accepted. Make a note of it.

No comments: