Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nostalgia: (July 2006) ---"Age is in Your Mind"

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Age is in your mind

In my college days, I had the habit of sending out my shirts to the dry cleaners. We lacked a washer and dryer and it seemed convenient. I loved the white shirt and sport coat look and also the sweater look. Ah the preppie years.

One day Nana, who was 86, went to the door and came back and said that "there is an old man at the door that wants to see you." I never had people coming to see me, much less old men, so I rushed to the door.

It was just the dry cleaner man delivering my shirts. He was about 50YR old. He was a little red faced and it was in the high 90's for tempurature. O.K., he might have been drinking also, but.....

I suddenly realized that my Grandmother had no sense of age whatsoever. For her, age was relative.

Then I realized something else. There were no mirrors in her house.

Go and do likewise.

Posted by Evansville Observer at 11:15 AM

No comments: