Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A bit about "Superman"

I always loved the Superman movies...and yes the comic books too....and it seems that all the time...Superman would get himself in trouble when he was doing good, or courting his girl...and the evil forces would find the kryptonite that was his weakness and put Superman in a weak spot....but then Superman would fly off to his home planet...meet with his family so to speak...regroup and then go back and save the world, and yes Lois Lane too...I like this theme...when I was a young man living with my grandmother in St. Paul...after venturing off to live in an apartment....I just called and said, "Nana I need to come home for a bit...." she just said..." I will leave the light on for you." So---going home...going to a warm place far from the frozen tundra...regrouping one's strength and then proceeding on .....that is the plan...and read those old Superman comics...what a role model they were.

No comments: