Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A little Blarney Blog---

As a young boy, I always reveled in the visit of my uncle, Fr. Ed DeCoursey. He was my grandmothers brother, and the youngest. He had stayed in Ireland in the seminary when his brother and sister came alone on the ship to avoid the famine...

When he visited us on the important holidays, he would always have his stories---my dad explained that this was "the blarney." My parents and their friends found them hilarous...to me they were pretty exaggerated and I did not really understand them...As I grew older, I remembered them and reveled in their wisdom....I learned that ya have to really laugh to get the wisdom.

I have published the short "blarney" stories of Fr. Kevin Dooley in a blog I call "The Blarney Blog". The feed of audio for this is on the right side of the Reflections blog. Remember---this is exaggerated and.....blarney. Ya have to laugh to get the wisdom.

Click on the post for one episode.

No comments: