Search This Blog

Headline News---Reflections and Sermons Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Why We Remember"----the Controversy: Reflection

Recently my spouse posted some pictures of our earlier years and the kids on a website and my kids were somewhat shocked by it---one daughter said to me: "Dad, I forget that you were young once." Relax. I just smiled and replied. "Yes.....I had forgotten too."

Our family has just been through a whirlwind of visiting and remembering and celebrating---and going over pictures and stuff. And in the discussion of these memories, I always wonder----do we seniors go over the oldies but goodies to be role models to the youngins????-----the more I think of this role modeling stuff the less I think so---I go over the pictures so that I CAN REMEMBER the BATTLES and that YES, I was YOUNG ONCE".

Sometimes when you get through the battles of life, one can forget what it was all about---and the pictures bring it all back.

No comments: